Thursday, May 28, 2009

It's time for some Paper Piecing!


My son's room is blah . . . the walls are empty, and I can't ever find anything that will match. I recently grabbed a bed in a bag set because his beloved camo comforter had one too many holes for me. He really wanted to keep the camo, but I was just ready for a change. I thought this bedding was adorable, and it started my creative juices flowing . . . . and here's the product of that!


I don't know how to do tutorials yet (so if anyone wants to help, email me) so I will explain what I have done, and you can contact with questions. I had my hubby cut some 1/4 inch MDF to the size of choice. In this case, I believe they are just under 12x12 inches. Then, I chose my paint colors and gave each piece two coats. I used a foam circle stamp that I already had (I glued a wooden clothespin doll body onto the back of it to give me a handle). I added white dots to the painted wood. I drew out the patterns on cardstock to match the comforter. I cut those out of different colors of scrapbook paper and then used modge podge to attach them. I let that dry overnight and put a top coat on with the Modge Podge. I then drilled holes in each corner and used ribbon for the hanger.


I hope that makes sense to you . . . the options are endless with this craft. I have made some others, and my mind is spinning with ideas. I'd love to hear your comments and ideas.

1 comment: