Monday, February 15, 2010

UGLEE MAKE-DO'S - PRIM DOLLS


Somtimes you just have to make something for yourself. The large local craft show was this weekend, and I went two of the days. Yesterday was Valentine's Day, and my 8th wedding anniversary. Hubby was so sweet and made reservations for us at a great restaurant and got us a jacuzzi suite Saturday night. He surprised me by agreeing to go to the craft show during the day on Saturday. That was soooo sweet, but I prefer to shop with the girls. There are very few things I don't like to do with my husband (get your mind out of the gutter), but shopping is DEFINITELY one of them. He can't help it that he hates the stuff, so I feel guilty the whole time. On the other hand, we were able to make it through all of the buildings in record time, and I felt like I had a decent idea of what I wanted to see when I went back out there with my mom, sister, and daughter yesterday. Still, I didn't spend as much as usual or get anything too exciting. I got a few knick knack things. I bought an old rusty looking lantern, a small hanging stitchery, and some letters to spell out my last name across a shelf. I was sorta disappointed. Still though, I have some things I want to do around the house, and these gals were the first.
There's never enough (if any) primitive decor to purchase, and it's very difficult to find uglee stuff (maybe that's because people think it's ugly!) I just find old stuff so charming . . . . can't help it. They fit well on my little tiny shelves. Each girl is probably 8 inches tall. One is holding some flowers and the other has her crow. They are mounted on stained candlesticks.

1 comment:

  1. Hi, sorry for the way I'm contacting you, but I accidentally deleted your email to me with your email address, and I want to take you up on your offer on Pattern Mart. If you can send your email address to mine at violethill02@yahoo.com.au I would like to make an order. Thanks so much.

    ReplyDelete